New Hampshire Defeats Women's Basketball, 75-63

DURHAM, N.H. - The Quinnipiac University women's basketball team lost, 75-63, to the University of New Hampshire on Wednesday evening. With the loss, the Bobcats fall to 3-7 overall, while the Wildcats improve to 2-7 on the year.

The Bobcats were led by Jacinda Dunbar (Edison, N.J.), Courtney Kaminski (Dudley, Mass.) and Ellen Cannon (West Chester, Pa.), who each scored 14 points against the Wildcats. Cannon compiled four three-point field goals in the game. In addition, Brittany McQuain (Independence, Mo.) recorded a team-high five rebounds. Denise Beliveau led New Hampshire with the game's only double-double, as she scored a game-high 18 points and pulled down 12 rebounds.

In the first six minutes of play, the Wildcats went on a 14-2 run as three New Hampshire players each completed a three-pointer. Quinnipiac added two points to the scoreboard as senior center Courtney Kaminski finished two free-throws. The Bobcats ended New Hampshire's 11-0 run as Lailah Pratt (Palmyra, N.J.) was fouled in the process of finishing a layup. Pratt then completed a free throw as the score read 14-6 with 13 minutes left in the first half.

New Hampshire went ahead by 14 points, 27-13, as junior Lauren Wells compiled her third three-point field goal of the game with 10:02 on the clock. Quinnipiac then went on a 7-1 run as Dunbar collected four points and Cannon completed her first shot from behind the arc.

The Wildcats responded with a 13-1 run to widen the gap by 20 points, their biggest lead of the half, 41-21, with less than two minutes remaining. Shelby Sferra (LaGrangeville, N.Y.) added two points to the Bobcats' score ending the half with New Hampshire in the lead, 41-23.

Cannon recorded the first three-points of the second half, only thirty seconds into play, as she made her second three-pointer of the game.

Both teams continued to battle as neither could complete a solid run down the stretch. New Hampshire was able to stay ahead, as they took their biggest lead of the game, 22 points, at three separate occasions during the half. The score read 58-36 with just over 11 minutes remaining in the game.

Quinnipiac fought back as Barron collected two points and Kaminski recorded a pair of field goals. With 5:55 on the clock, the Bobcats found themselves down by 15 points, 65-15. Soon after Quinnipiac narrowed the gap by seven points, 66-59, as it went on a 9-0 run, its biggest of the game, with just over three minutes to play.

The game ended in a New Hampshire 75-63 victory as the Wildcats completed seven free-throws in the last minute of the game, followed by a Kaminski jump shot.

Quinnipiac returns to action as it participates in the St. Joseph's Tournament after the Christmas holiday. The Bobcats will play Lafayette on Tuesday, Dec. 28 at 4:00 p.m. and either St. Joseph's or New Hampshire on Wednesday, Dec. 29 at 7:00 p.m. Both games will be held at the Michael J. Hagan Arena in Philadelphia, Pa.