HAMDEN, Conn. – Quinnipiac University men's soccer coach Eric Da Costa has announced Maxamilian Rothenbuecher, an attacking midfielder from Munich, Germany, as the newest addition of the Bobcats' 2014 recruiting class.
Rothenbuecher joins John-John Diaz and transfer James Greco who have also signed to play with Quinnipiac this year. The Bobcats won the MAAC Championship and made it's first-ever appearance in the NCAA Tournament last season, but lost five student-athletes to graduation. Rothenbuecher, Diaz and Greco look to help fill the void of losing three midfielders, Simon Hinde, Sam Nicol and Brandon Strain-Goode, in 2014.
Hometown: Munich, Germany
Club: Bayern Munich FC
Position: Attacking Midfield
- Rothenbuecher has played in the Bayern Munich FC system for 10 years
- Helped Bayern Munich to a 25-7-4 record (79 points) and an Under-23 Regional Championship (German Division) in 2013-14
- In 2012-13, Bayern Munich finished second with a 21-7-10 record (73 points)
- Helped his Under-19 club to a Bundesliga Division South Championship and a Playoff Vice Championship in 2012
- Had two goals and two assists in 18 appearances, helping the team to a 17-4-5 record (56 points) during the championship run
"Max is a special player who has been competing and training within one of the most successful clubs in World Football. Max's technical and tactical ability will make for a great addition on our squad. He is a well-seasoned player who has been surrounded by some fantastic coaches at Bayern Munich. His quality and mentality will add a new dimension to our team. We look forward to his arrival in August."
Student-athletes, parents and fans can download the QU Athletics schedules to your laptop and mobile devices for free by clicking in the iCalendar link at the bottom of each sport's homepage or the master schedule page. Fans can also follow Quinnipiac Athletics on Facebook and Twitter (@QUAthletics) for all of the latest news and update.