Men's Lacrosse Partakes In HEADstrong's Mustache Madness
HAMDEN, Conn. – The Quinnipiac University men's lacrosse team is taking part in the fourth annual Lacrosse Mustache Madness, a nation-wide fundraiser working in conjunction with the HEADstrong Foundation to raise money and awareness for blood cancers. Last year the lacrosse community collected over $95,000 for the establishment, a mark they look to surpass in 2012.
Lacrosse Mustache Madness began on Friday, October 19th, extending through the month of November, and ending on Friday, November 30th. Participants are encouraged to grow your mustache, use a fake mustache, or grab a sharpie and draw on a finger mustache. Men, women, and children of all ages are welcome to participate.
The Bobcats threw away their razors and have begun raising money for the foundation. Thus far, Quinnipiac has collected $1,297.57 with senior Basil Kostaras (Southlake, Texas) leading the way at $275.00. The foundation recently announced that it surpassed the $22,000 mark which puts them about 25% towards their fundraising goal.
HEADstrong's mission is to carry on the legacy and vision of HEADstrong founder Nicholas Colleluori through advocating, fundraising and supporting those affected by blood cancer and those working towards eliminating it.
Assisting To Defeat Blood Cancer
- Through raising awareness of blood cancer within the lacrosse community
- Through the supporting of efforts focused on finding a cure and generating funding for blood cancer research
- Through the distribution of grants and services to both patients and survivors of blood cancer
- Through providing financial assistance to families struggling with the hardships experienced by caring for a family member with blood cancer
- Through providing scholarships and grants for student athletes with ambitions of entering the medical field
- Through providing programming and services focused on the improving the quality of life for blood cancer patients and their families
Quinnipiac fans should refer to the Official Website of Quinnipiac Athletics, www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com, for any schedule changes as well as the latest news, scores and highlights. The 2013 Quinnipiac Men's Lacrosse Schedule is also available for download at www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com for all mobile devices, including iPhones and iPads, as well as all desktop computers.
Contact: Tony Distasio; email@example.com