- Postgraduate scholarship winners announced - NCAA.com
- Seniors Eric Hartzell and Nicole Lewis Named 2013 Quinnipiac Athletes of the Year at Annual Awards Banquet
- Nicole Lewis Named 2012 Gladiator by SGI/NHFCA Division I Scholar of Distinction
- Senior Nicole Lewis Named NEC Field Hockey Scholar-Athlete
- Zimniski and Lewis Named To 2012 Longstreth/NFHCA Division I All-Region Team, Northeast Conference All-Tournament Team
- Nicole Lewis Named Northeast Conference Field Hockey Goalkeeper Of The Year
Quinnipiac field hockey senior Nicole Lewis (East Amherst, N.Y.) was announced as a NCAA Postgraduate Scholarship Recipient. Lewis is the only student-athlete from the Northeast Conference to receive the award and is one of 29 female student-athletes, nationwide, to receive the scholarship.
NCAA Postgraduate Scholarships recognize excellence in the classroom, as well as on the field. Created in 1964, NCAA postgraduate scholarships promote and encourage education by rewarding the Association's most accomplished student-athletes.In addition, she was named the Northeast Conference Field Hockey Scholar-Athlete of the Year and the SGI/NHFCA Division I Scholar of Distinction. Last year, Lewis was honored after finishing her undergraduate degree with the highest grade-point average (3.96) in Quinnipiac's School of Health Science. She is currently completing her doctoral degree in physical therapy at Quinnipiac.
The past year, Lewis was named the 2012 NEC Goalkeeper of the Year after leading the conference with a .812 save percentage and four shutouts. She also ranked third in goals against average (1.59) and finished with 11 wins on the year for the Bobcats, who qualified for their fifth consecutive NEC Tournament and 12th overall.