Quinnipiac University Bobcats (1-9) at
United States Naval Academy Midshipment (6-8)
Date: Friday, Mar. 14 (2 p.m.); Saturday, Mar. 15 (DH @ 12 p.m.); Sunday, Mar. 16 (12 p.m.)
Location: Max Bishop Stadium - Annapolis, Md.
All-Time vs. Navy: First Meeting
- Live Stats (Friday)
- Live Stats (Saturday, Game 1)
- Live Stats (Saturday, Game 2)
- Live Stats (Sunday)
- Live Video (Sunday Only)
The Quinnipiac University baseball team will travel to Annapolis, Md. to take on the U.S. Naval Academy in a four-game series on Mar. 14-16. The Bobcats are currently 1-9 overall while Navy hosts Quinnipiac with a record of 6-8 on the season.
Live statistics will be available for each game of the series, courtesy of NavySports.Com, and are accessible by clicking the link above.
Friday, Mar. 14
QU: Thomas Jankins (Fr., RHP/1-2, 8.40 ERA)
Navy: Anthony Parenti (Jr., LHP/4-0, 0.65 ERA)
Saturday, Mar. 15 - Game 1
QU: Justin Thomas (So., LHP/0-1, 1.89 ERA)
Navy: Stephen Moore (Jr., RHP/0-2, 1.67 ERA)
Saturday, Mar. 16 - Game 2
QU: Nick Fabrizio (Sr., RHP/0-0, 6.75 ERA)
Navy: Luke Gillingham (So., LHP/0-3, 4.50 ERA)
Sunday, Mar. 17
QU: Gregory Egan (Fr., RHP/0-2, 29.45 ERA)
Navy: George Coughlin (Fr., RHP/1-1, 1.58 ERA)
- Brian Ruditys OF/Jr., 10 GP, .320, 3 RBI, 4 RS
- Matthew Batten 2B/ Fr., 10 GP, .154, 4 RS, 3 RBI, and 4 2B's
- Ryan Nelson 3B/ So., 10 GP .132, 2 RS, 4 RBI
- Vincent Guglietti 1B/ Jr., 10 GP, .333, 3 RBI, 9 RS
- Scott Donaghue SS/ Jr., 10 GP, .184, 2 RBI, 3 RS, 1 2B
- Rob Pescitelli RF/ So., 10 GP, .194, 3 3B, 1 HR, and 7 RBI
- Nic Civale LF/ Sr., 9 GP, .207, 4 RBI
- Matthew Oestreicher C/ Fr.,6 GP, .250
- Lou Iannotti DH/ Fr., 9 GP, .226, 1 3B, 3 RBI
LAST TIME OUT
Quinnipiac's game against High Point lasted just four innings before the game was called due to unplayable field conditions after a flash lightning storm. The game, and the statistics, will not count in Quinnipiac's final record.
DO IT RUDY
Brian Ruditys (Boothwyn, Pa.) is currently batting .320 (8-25) and leads the Bobcats with three multiple-hit games. Ruditys also boasts a .419 on-base percentage to go along with a .400 slugging percentage for a .819 OPS, good for second on the Bobcats' roster.
VIN TO WIN
Vincent Guglietti saw his team-high six game hitting streak come to an end last week, but has hit safely in his last three outings. Guglietti leads the teams in batting average (.333), hits (12), runs scored (9), on-base percentage (.429) and slugging percentage (.417).