Quinnipiac Athletics Announces All-Time Best Department GPA For Fall 2013 Semester
HAMDEN, Conn. - The Quinnipiac University Department of Athletics and Recreation has announced its academic success by its student-athletes for the Fall 2013 semester. The Bobcats have once again excelled in the classroom with 428 student-athletes combining to post an all-time best cumulative grade-point average of 3.25.
"The fall was tremendous for our department, it was very busy," said Associate Athletic Director for Academic Support Lyneene Richardson. “Through it all our student athletes were able to maintain and balance academics and athletics, they worked hard and were very successful in the classroom this semester.”
Quinnipiac revealed that 18 of its 21 athletic teams accumulated a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The women’s volleyball team once-again posted the highest collective GPA at 3.48, while the men’s ice hockey team accumulated a 3.42 GPA for the highest men’s team average.
Individually, 300 of Quinnipiac's 428 student-athletes had a GPA of 3.0, while 15 student-athletes posted a 4.0 GPA for the semester. Of the 300 student-athletes with a 3.0 or better, 157 had a GPA of 3.5 or higher, with 125 landing on the University’s Dean's List. Furthermore, two student-athletes maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
- QU’s 428 SA’s posted a 3.251403 Fall semester GPA
- 300 of 428 student-athletes achieved a semester GPA of at least 3.0
- Two maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA
- 157 student-athletes achieved a 3.5 semester GPA or higher
- 15 student-athletes earned a 4.0 GPA this semester
- 125 were on the University Dean’s List
- 18/20 teams achieved a 3.0 or higher semester team GPA
- Women’s Volleyball was the highest women’s team (3.480207 GPA)
- Men’s Ice hockey Team was the highest men’s team (3.427932 GPA)