Quinnipiac Student-Athletes Set New Academic Highs For Fall 2012
The Quinnipiac University Department of Athletics and Recreation
has announced its academic success by its student-athletes for the
Fall 2012 academic term. Quinnipiac's 444 student-athletes posted a
combined 3.21 grade-point average for the first term, the highest
in the athletic department’s history.
"We could not be prouder of our student-athletes and their coaches for the highest GPA in our department's 62 year history,” director of athletics and recreation Jack McDonald said.
"At Quinnipiac, we work hard to ensure that our student athletes participate in high-quality athletic and academic programs,” faculty athletic representative Sean Duffy said. “They have consistently achieved excellent records in both domains. They do us all proud!"
Individually, 311 of Quinnipiac's 444 student-athletes had a GPA of 3.0 or higher, while 15 student-athletes finished with a 4.0 GPA for the semester and six student-athletes maintained a 4.0 cumulative GPA. Of the 311 student-athletes with a 3.0 or better, 157 had a GPA of 3.5 or higher, with 123 landing on the University Dean's List.
- Quinnipiac’s 444 student-athletes posted a 3.21 GPA for the Fall 2012 Semester
- 311 of QU’s 444 student-athletes (70%) achieved a semester GPA of at least 3.0
- 157 of the 311 student-athletes (50%) achieved a 3.5 semester GPA or higher
- Of the 157, 15 student-athletes earned a 4.0 GPA this semester
- Six achieved a 4.0 cumulative GPA, three of which were upperclassmen
- 123 (27%) student-athletes were on the University’s Dean’s List
- 19 (95%) of Quinnipiac’s 20 teams achieved a 3.0 or higher team GPA for the Fall 2012 semester
- Women’s Volleyball had the highest GPA (3.60) among QU’s women’s teams
- Men’s Cross Country had the highest GPA (3.36) among QU’s men’s teams