HAMDEN, Conn. - The Quinnipiac University Department of Athletics and Recreation has acknowledged its academic success by its student-athletes for the 2012-13 academic school year. The Bobcats have once again excelled in the classroom with over 400 student-athletes combining to post a cumulative grade-point average of 3.189.
"This year was an extraordinary one for our department, it was very busy," said Associate Athletic Director for Academic Support Lyneene Richardson. “Through it all our student athletes were able to maintain and balance academics and athletics, they worked hard and were very successful in the classroom this semester.”
Quinnipiac revealed that 15 of its 21 athletic teams accumulated a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The women’s volleyball team posted the highest collective GPA at 3.574, while the men’s cross country team chimed in with a 3.374 GPA for the highest men’s team average.
Individually, 280 of Quinnipiac's 419 student-athletes had a GPA of 3.0, while 15 student-athletes posted a 4.0 GPA for the semester. Of the 280 student-athletes with a 3.0 or better, 148 had a GPA of 3.5 or higher, with 119 landing on the University’s Dean's List. Furthermore, two student-athletes posted a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
By The Numbers
- Quinnipiac's 419 student-athletes posted a total 3.189 semester GPA
- 280 of Quinnipiac's 419 student-athletes achieved a semester GPA of at-least 3.0
- Out of those 280, 148 student-athletes achieved a 3.5 semester GPA or higher
- 15 student-athletes earned a 4.0 semester GPA
- 2 student-athletes maintained a 4.0 Cum GPA
- 18/20 teams achieved a 3.0 or higher semester team GPA
- 119 student-athletes were named to the University Dean’s List
- Women's Volleyball posted the highest team GPA of all women's sports (3.574 GPA)
- Men's Cross Country posted the highest team GPA of all men's sports (3.374 GPA)
- 70 student-athletes Graduated
For all the latest news, scores, highlights and information pertaining to Quinnipiac University athletics, please visit www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com.