The Quinnipiac Strength and Conditioning Internship Program is designed to provide students the opportunity to work with Division I athletes and to develop the hands-on skills to start a successful career as a collegiate strength and conditioning coach, sports performance specialist, personal trainer or fitness center director.
Student interns must be committed to the field of Strength and Conditioning and be eager to learn and participate in all areas. Each student intern will be responsible for developing a positive rapport with the student-athletes while maintaining a professional distance. The student intern will learn to establish themselves as strength and conditioning professional to not only the student-athletes, but to all coaches and administrators as well.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Assist in fitness testing, computation of results and evaluation of student-athletes.
• Teach proper techniques for Olympic lifts, power lifts, mobility, core and speed development exercises.
• Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of the facility and its equipment.
• Motivating student-athletes to achieve their maximum potential in all areas of performance.
• Learning how to use Microsoft Office to develop strength and conditioning programs and presentations.
• Work and communicate with coaches, athletic trainers and medical staff.
• Reading articles, books and watching DVD/Videos to
enhance training knowledge as well as to have professional
Interested students can send their resume to email@example.com along with a cover letter and references. Applications will be taken the semester prior to the actual semester when the internship will take place. Internships can be done in the fall, spring or summer.
If you have questions, please call Brijesh Patel (203) 582-3857 .
*To view the Strength and Conditioning homepage click here.