HAMDEN, Conn. - The Quinnipiac University Department of Athletics and Recreation has acknowledged its academic success by its student-athletes for the 2011-12 academic school year. The Bobcats have once again excelled in the classroom with over 400 student-athletes combining to post a cumulative grade-point average of 3.163.
"Our student-athletes have once-again done an outstanding job of balancing academics and athletics," said Associate Athletic Director for Academic Support Lyneene Richardson. “College athletes must abide by rigorous practice and game day schedules while balancing their grades. Their success in the classroom is a tremendous achievement.”
Quinnipiac revealed that 15 of its 21 athletic teams accumulated a GPA of 3.0 or higher. The women’s cross country team posted the highest collective GPA at 3.61, while the men’s cross country team chimed in with a 3.38 GPA for the highest men’s team average.
Individually, 260 of Quinnipiac's 421 student-athletes had a GPA of 3.0, while 18 student-athletes posted a 4.0 GPA for the semester. Of the 260 student-athletes with a 3.0 or better, 131 had a GPA of 3.5 or higher, with over 100 landing on the University’s Dean's List. Furthermore, one student-athlete posted a 4.0 cumulative GPA.
By The Numbers
- QU’s 421 student-athletes posted a 3.163 semester GPA
- 260 student-athletes achieved a semester GPA of at least 3.0
- 131 of those 260 student-athletes achieved a semester GPA of 3.5 or better
- 18 of those 131 student-athletes achieved a 4.0 GPA this semester
- 1 student-athlete maintained a 4.0 Cumulative GPA
- 15 teams achieved a 3.0 GPA or higher
- 3.61 GPA - Cross Country Team was the highest women’s team GPA
- 3.38 GPA - Cross Country Team was the highest men’s team GPA
For all the latest news, scores, highlights and information pertaining to Quinnipiac University athletics, please visit www.QuinnipiacBobcats.com.
Contact: Tony Distasio; firstname.lastname@example.org